Replica Watches, in their simplest form, are a way to know what time it is. However, when you look into the watch industry and into the design and manufacturing of watches you will find so much more. You will find art pieces, collector’s items and pieces of jewelry that can be passed on from generation to generation.
There is one name that will stand out among this top 10 list and it is Patek Philippe replica. This company has managed to garner 7 of the top 10 spots for most expensive watches ever. Patek Philippe’s slogan is “You never actually own a Fake Patek Philippe. You merely look after it for the next generation.” It looks like that is certainly the case with these watches as many of them are older, vintage watches.
A May 2017 article in the Business Insider, lists the Top 10 Replica Watches sold at auction. Much of the information is gathered from this list because it appears to be one of the lists with the most current information.
10. Selling for a mere $3.1 million, the number 10 watch goes to 1954 Patek Philippe Platinum Perpetual Calendar Wristwatch. The significance of the perpetual calendar is that you will never have the date wrong. Gizmodo describes the calendar as a way to “track the date, day of the week, month, year, leap year, and sometimes even the century and millennium.”
9. Askmen reports that the Piaget Emperador Temple Replica Watch sold for $3.3 million. This watch is unlike many on this list because it is covered in baguette cut diamonds, brilliant cut diamonds, an emerald, and mother of pearl.
8. Patek Philippe, a 1928 18K, white-gold, chronograph wristwatch sold for $3.6 million. Ask.com defines the chronograph as “watches that both tell time and can also be used as a stopwatch.”
7. The Patek Philippe Platinum World Time Copy Watch sold for $4 million. For $4 million, this watch winds itself and if you are anywhere in the world this watch will give you the correct time.
6. Patek Philippe 1949 Perpetual Calendar Fake Watch had anauction price of $4.1 million.
5. The Business Insider lists the Replica Breguet et Fils Pocket Watches as going to the highest bidder for a cool $4.7 million.
4 and 3 are virtually the same watch and sell for very close to the same price but are made of different metals. The Fake Patek Philippe Calibre 89 White Gold Watch sold at auction for $5 million and the yellow gold sold for $5.2 million. Wonderlist and Askmen all agree on the top 2 most expensive knockoff watches ever.
2. Patek Philippe Super Complication sold at a whopping $11 million. This watch was made for Henry Graves, a wealthy banker and railroad man. It was an 18K gold pocket watch, required 5 years to design and build, and had 24 “complications” besides timekeeping.
1. The number one most expensive watch in the world is a woman’s watch, the Chopard 201-Carat Replica Watch selling for $25 million. Not bad for a watch that is reported to have a 15 K pink diamond, a 12 K blue diamond, an 11 K white diamond, and 163 K of white and yellow diamonds. It is amazing.
You now have the top 10 list of world’s most expensive fake watches. Now are you ready to go shopping for your watch?